DevilishGames and BeYourBest have announced that BookyPets Legends will release on Nintendo Switch this month.
This is pitched as “an adventure, exploration and collecting videogame, designed to encourage reading among children from 7 to 12 years old in an easy and fun way.” The experience uses the developer’s exclusive methodology GameReaging, which helps to develop a user’s reading habit which it claims “has been scientifically validated.”
BookyPets Legends will transport children to the magical kingdom of Imaginatios, where characters from fairy tales live alongside magical creatures with book-shaped wings called BookyPets.
After three evil monsters – Fear, Laziness and Selfishness – trap the BookyPets, you must rescue them by reading hundreds of proverbs, fables, tales, legends and children’s novels, in an effort to recover the keys needed to unlock their cages.
The developer has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Game mechanics based on the most popular games for children aged 7 to 12 (RPG, Tower Defense, Collecting, etc.).
- More than 50 BookyPets to rescue, collect and evolve. The Tyrannosaurus Rex, the Unicorn, the Blue Mermaid and the Winged Lion are just some of them – children won’t stop reading until they manage to rescue them! The habit and passion for reading are already underway!
- Character editor with dozens of customizable elements to create your own in-game avatars.
- More than 2,200 fantasy readings: traditional proverbs and sayings, classic and modern tales, fables, and children’s novels.
- Your children will get rewards for each reading: spells, energy and keys to free their BookyPets. In addition, there are special rewards for daily reading.
- Information about the children’s progress and the readings they have done: number of words read, new vocabulary, type of readings done…
- All the game texts and readings are bilingual: available in Spanish and English.
BookyPets Legends will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 30th March 2023.